Computer and Phone Setup for Seminar Broadcasts
For general registration information, please review How to Attend Seminar Meetings Online or by Phone.
Be sure to review the time and time zone of the meetings to determine the correct time in your location. The following website may be helpful in converting the time zones: www.timeanddate.com.
Operating System Requirements:
- PC users – Windows 7 or newer. Previous versions may work but are not supported.
- Mac users – OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard or newer. Previous versions may work but are not supported.
Internet Connection Requirements:
- Ensure that your chosen web browser has all the latest updates. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft, so select another browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.
- If you have a connection of 56K or more, you can connect to a high quality, low bandwidth audio broadcast of the seminar. If your internet connection is less than 56K, connecting by phone is recommended.
- A desktop or laptop computer with a wired internet connection provides a more stable and reliable image with less buffering than a wireless connection for seminars broadcast with video.
Attending the Seminar Meeting Broadcasts Online
- About 15 minutes prior to the meeting, sign in on the Sign In to Seminar Broadcasts page using your assigned username and password from your Registration Confirmation email. Once the Connect to Broadcast page opens, click the Connect button for the satsang and enter your assigned meeting access code to open the Seminar Broadcast Player.
- Click the play icon on the player screen that opens. Once the broadcast begins, you will see the MasterPath graphic on the screen and you will experience only silence until the meeting (satsang) begins.
Attending the Seminar Meeting Broadcasts by Phone
- Connect to the seminar phone conference broadcast using a landline, cell phone, or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) line, some of which may incur long distance charges. Your Registration Confirmation email provides the conference phone number plus the appropriate phone code for each meeting.
- About 15 minutes prior to the meeting, call the phone conference number.
- Enter the phone code for the designated meeting (satsang), then press pound (#). You will hear a message confirming that you have successfully entered the MasterPath conference call. If you do not hear that message, or if you hear any other message, an error has occurred, so hang up and dial in again, two to three times if needed. Please allow plenty of time to secure your connection.
- If you are unable to connect, hang up and dial again. If redialing does not resolve any connection issues, and you are calling from:
- a landline, continue to hang up and dial in again;
- a cell phone, power off the phone completely, turn it back on, and call in again;
- an internet-based phone, reboot the router and/or modem and phone, and call in again.
- Your line will be muted, meaning it will not transmit any sounds from your location. As there will be hundreds of other participants on the line during these calls, please be aware that this muting feature could malfunction, and stillness and quiet during the meetings is encouraged so as not to potentially disturb others.